Erasing disparities in availability and accessibility to quality health care by people of color other minority groups is central to the work of the Health Committee of the Brooklyn Branch. The Health Committee works to:
- Promote, protect, and maintain the health of minority groups.
- Assess the health needs of the community.
- Advocate for equal access to health education, care, treatment and research for all Americans.
- Sponsor health-related activities, such as health forums, fairs and workshops highlighting issues of’ importance to people of color.
- Support health initiatives of the National NAACP.