Press & Publicity
The Committee on Communications, Press, and Publicity shall:
- Seek to promote media content consistent with fundamental NAACP goals which include the elimination of racial isolation and fear and the furtherance of multiracial and cultural understanding.
- Work to eliminate employment segregation and discrimination in those industries , comprising the communications arts and sciences , radio, telephone, television, motion pictures, newspaper, books, related computer communications, business, cable television.
- Seek to ensure black and minority ownership and control of print and electronic media both hardware and software; monitor local and national media, especially advertising performance.
- Provide the National Office with research and data on those local businesses engaged in communications arts and sciences; seek to ensure that all people have a meaningful right to choose from and have access to all variety of high quality telecommunications goods and services at reasonable cost.
- Endeavor to secure publicity for the work of the Unit and the Association in the local press and on radio, television and other media; attempt to interest persons in charge of local news media on conditions affecting minority groups; seek to counteract. derogatory and erroneous statements in local news media about blacks and other minority groups; be responsible for forwarding to THE CRISIS items covering Unit activities and important local affairs; and act as far as possible as an agency for the promotion and sale of THE CRISIS.